Skip to main content

Steam Cream! *REVIEW*

HiHi~

Ok, so my birthday recently and gifted from my sister, was a rather cute looking tin decorated with a red bow glistening with gold sparkles.



Looks so beautiful *.* 
With no hints to what this is and the sight of me looking rather confused, she told me it's steam cream. 

I've actually heard of steam cream before but had no idea what it was exactly until now. 

Steam cream - "Natural skincare for face, body and hands". I'd first off like to say that normally i would steer away from products which are designed for any part of the body as my face is the most sensitive place out of my body and the skin type differs (not greatly but enough to have to use different products on each) but I thought I give this a whirl anyway since I'm hunting for a good moisturizer. 

Check out their website for all the details: www.steamcream.com
(I am reviewing this product as a facial moisturizer)


                                                   

                                                
The steam cream is 'gloopy' in texture, somewhat in between a cream and gel. I actually couldn't tilt it too much otherwise the cream would just all flop out (xD).


I put WAYYYY too much on my hand ...


...so I used some for my face (don't worry it was freshly washed) >.<


The remaining was enough to cover the back of my hand entirely and extra for the wrist


A nice healthy shine
A little goes a long way, so use in moderation. A little dollop is enough to cover my entire face (for visualization compare my two pictures above). 

Being honest, I was a little excited to try this out as the ingredients that they use all complements to dry skin. 

Steam cream is infused with steam which makes the texture 'light and fluffy' but I use this term lightly as it is a SUPER RICH product. It is specifically tailored for those with dry skin types. I am one of the population that suffers from chronic dry skin but I felt like the steam cream was too moisturizing for my face skin. It felt light whilst applying but didn't absorb very quickly, hence making it feel really thick and greasy.

After using the cream for a few days, I noticed that I started to get breakouts but I'm not entirely sure whether it is due to the product or other factors (eg. Stress/ diet/weather changes). 

Lavender essential oil is a part of the ingredient list, which makes the fragrance. Personally, I tend to only pick products without fragrance as it's less likely to irritate my sensitive skin.


On a more positive note, I used this as a night cream and in the morning I noticed that redness in my face was visibly reduced! I was shocked. 

There was certainly enough moisture for my skin throughout the night without it getting dry and was moisturized come morning time. 

Steam cream works well as a make-up base. Applying make-up over a steam creamed face is no problem at all. Foundation sticks well to the cream giving a refreshed dewy look.

The tins are absolutely adorable! Once you finish the cream, simply wash the tin out and use it for storage. I thought this idea was so sweet and would be so cute as a gift packaging with something handmade inside~ 

I may re-try this product again if it becomes my skin becomes very dry in the winter but I wouldn't personally purchase this cream. 

Hope this review was helpful. Just bear in mind this is my personal opinion on the cream for my unique skin type. Although It may have not worked for me, I have read many reviews on it being other people's 'staple' moisturizer. 

Until next time =) 




Comments

  1. Grammar illiterate girl . . . -_-'
    Tough stuff reading this out loud with K (she wants to smack you silly!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! Would you like to follow each other?
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great product!!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved my Steam Cream! I was hesitant to put it on my face though so I mainly used it on my hands and arms but seeing that it worked so well for you, I think I might buy another pot and try it for my face :)
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Ultimate Blends - Delicate Oat Milk Lotion - Review

HiHi!  We are back again with the Garnier's ultimate blends collection!  I've recently joined Bzzagent and if you don't know, they are a distrubution company that sends products for people to try and review. My first skincare delivery was this Oat milk lotion and body cream by Garnier. So... What did I think of it? Well, when I first pumped some of the lotion onto my hand it seemed very thick but this didn't dishearten me since my skin is dry! To my surprise, it was very silky upon application and quick to adsorb too! After a week of using this lotion I would say overall my skin was noticeably more moist and softer!  The only downfalls to this product is that I normally use Vaseline's body cream which has a much thinner consistency, which makes it quick and easy to apply, however as I mentioned earlier the lotion has quite a thick consistency meaning that I would have to massage the cream in for longer than usual. Also, I was a walking candle; the fragran

SANA Soy Milk Whitening Cream *Review*

Hello guys ! Today I'm going to review a product by SANA which is the soy milk whitening cream which was purchased in Hong Kong for HK$89 which is approx. £7.42 !! Packaging : This product actually caught my eye by its packaging as the style was simple yet attractive. The covering was clear and you can see what the actual container of the product looks like which is a plus point. Ingredients : After I picked up this product I looked at the ingredients. I heard that soy milk was good for the skin so I wanted to try out this product. What surprised me was that the product did not react at all with my dry and eczema skin, it actually hydrated it slightly. Texture : The cream is actually a gel. The product smoothes nicely onto the face but it leaves a 'film' on your face which keeps in moisture (makes your face look oily hehe), so i wouldn't recommend using it right before you go out =P ! Whitening : To begin with, I didn't see much effect on my skin and I

**REVIEW** Skin & Lab - Vitamin C Cream

Hellooo!  Just a quick update- I have now just started university at Manchester (YAY, I made it in!) and wow, living off student loan is so difficult but enjoying every moment here!  Long time no speak! I hope you've all been doing well!  I have recently made a purchase for the skin & lab vitamin C brightening cream as my skin has been looking a little dull lately and wanted to re-vamp it! Before purchasing this product I have realized that there aren't many reviews on it, yet it seems like a reasonably popular product so for you guys reading I hope this becomes of use! ^^  First off I would like to say that I really do find the packinging very attractive. It looks so 'clean' with it's reflective boxing and not overly cluttered like a lot of product packaging I have seen.  A bit of the info and details on the back, for whoever wants to read it ... I would love to say a big thank you for all the free samples they gav